|About to begin the experimenting|
You will need:
- a bowl of water, preferably slightly warm
- a large towel or two
- a plastic sheet, oilskin tablecloth, or similar
- a variety of small objects and toys
- some small containers for pouring
- a willing toddler (not difficult!)
- a curious cat (optional)
- Lay sheet on floor and cover with towels
- Bring all other ingredients together
- Sit back and watch
- Comment occasionally on what is happening, but DO NOT interfere!! ;o)
|I know these float...|
|... what about these?|
Interestingly they stood up in some depths and floated at others.
|The results so far|
|Misha wants to help|
|Honing fine motor skills with pouring.|
Unfortunately Mr PotatoHead has holes so the water came out again, another learning point.
|Lara then decided to separate her items into two categories -|
those which held water, and those that didn't.
And don't forget to enter our competitions!