In those 18 years you get:
- A first smile, a first word, a first step, that maybe no-one else will see.
- The first 'Mumma' or 'Dadda', and the first cuddle/kiss/'I love you' which will make you cry.
- A surge of love when you look at them, and a love which grows and grows and grows every day.
- Someone who can make you laugh more than anyone else can.
- More love than you ever thought possible.
- Cuddles, kisses and 'I love you's on tap.
- Endless wonder over water, stones, mini-beasts, and everything else. Plus you get to see it all again with their eyes.
- Sand castles to build, hills to roll down, and mud pies to serve.
- Someone who thinks you're amazing.
- A hand to hold which makes your heart sing.
- Someone to always be silly with and giggle yourself crazy, no matter what else is happening in life.
- Glue, glitter, Play Doh, paint, and all the fun that goes with it.
- Wonderful books to read, and games to play.
- Easter and birthdays and Christmas just as they should be.
- To see learning every single day, often in every minute of that day. And to learn yourself.
- To create your own perfect world with the people you love the most.
Surely that's not bad for the price!