Here is the outfit I had selected:
Now four people have the chance to win the whole outfit, plus an item of their choice which they feel best completes the look. The four selections are:
Natalie May chose the Together Drop Pendant Necklace as it would "complement the V neckline and colour match, finishing the outfit off". A lot of people chose jewellery, but this item stood out for me as it is so unusual and has some lovely detailing. I quite agree that the long line shape would be a great addition to the striped dress.
Cat Williams thought the fab Cut-Out Sunglasses "would round this outfit off nicely, and help with any final glimmers of October Sun and make the wearer feel a little like Victoria Beckham." The sunglasses were actually chosen by a couple of people, but I really liked Cat's reasoning - we can all channel a bit of Posh on a good day! The bag is quite VB too, I think!
I loved some of the lateral thinking you came up with, with suggestions like 'a spritz of perfume' and 'good underwear' showing a definite outside the box ideas. Emma Ellison was one of these, choosing the gorgeous but highly practical Charnos Cherub Lace Bra with this reasoning:
"Well an outfit as fab & stylish as this would surely deserve some gorgeous underwear underneath so I'd team it with this rather lovely bra :-)"
Who can argue with that?! Very Gok Wan! As we all know, good underwear is the foundation of a great silhouette, and I agree that this fab bra would give a perfect line under the knitted dress.
Finally, Lisa Jarmin chose these gorgeous Laser-Cut-Trim Leather Gloves, and her reason made me smile:
"It has to be these gloves ... Not only do the colours match perfectly (black with red contrast lining just visible through the cut out details), they smarten up the entire outfit and are practical for autumn and winter. Plus leather gloves make me feel like a Bond Girl. Just saying."
I couldn't agree more, the colours are indeed a perfect match, and would be great for any winter wardrobe.
Which item do you think is the perfect match for the Christmas shopping outfit?
Will you choose Lisa's Bond girl gloves; Emma's fab foundation garment; Cat's Posh Spice sunglasses; or Natalie's cute tassle necklace?
Please leave a comment below with your choice, and the reason for it.
Only one comment per person please!
When the competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 13th November 2013, the item with the most votes wins - and Cat, Emma, Natalie or Lisa will win the entire outfit!
Best of luck ladies!
Terms and Conditions
1. To enter the competition you must go to the Kaleidoscope website and pick an item to complete the look. In the comments section below, post a link to the item and explain why you picked that item. You must also leave a way to contact you.
2. Phase 1 closes at midnight on Monday 28th October 2013.
3. After the closing date I will pick 4 entries to go through to phase 2. The 4 items will be selected on how, in my opinion, they best fit the outfit, and the best reason for choosing them. My decision is final.
4. Entrants will be notified within 48 hours of the closing date if they have been selected for Phase 2.
1. A second blog post on Wednesday 30th October will showcase the 4 selected items.
2. The 4 entrants will need to encourage their friends and family to visit the blog post and vote for their chosen item in the comments section, saying why they think it should be the winner. (Only one comment per person.)
3. Phase 2 closes at midnight on Wednesday 13th November 2013.
4. The winner will be the person whose item received the most votes. My decision is final.
5. The winner receives the whole outfit as seen, including their chosen item. In the event that any item is out of stock, Kaleidoscope reserves the right to substitute another item up to the same value.
If any entry requirement is unclear, please e-mail me on email@example.com for clarification.