Last night's dinner was penne with sun-dried tomato pesto and roasted vegetables, and we (as usual!) did far more veg than we actually needed, so had lots of vegetables left.
Roasted vegetables, such as peppers, courgette, red onion, leeks, aubergine etc
Ciabatta bread, warmed through
Rocket and/or spinach
1. Mix mayonnaise with a generous teaspoonful of pesto.
2. Cut your ciabatta in half and spread both cut sides with the mayo-pesto mix.
3. Spread roasted vegetables generously across the bread, top with rocket/spinach as required.
4. Arrange some sun-dried tomatoes over, and top with shavings of Parmesan.
5. Add sandwich 'lid' and press down slightly.
6. Admire, cut in half or slices, dependent on the size of your loaf, and eat. Yum!
This sandwich is really delicious, and rather civilised - a glass of wine type of sandwich! Enjoy!