1. A hamper - I LOVE a hamper, delving into the tissue paper or straw to uncover the hidden delicacies within is just bliss. One from Fortnum's, Harrods or Carluccio's would be perfect.
|Fortnum & Mason hamper £150|
2. Lovely crockery - pretty much anything from Emma Bridgewater, Christmas range, Hearts range, Black Toast, I'll be happy with any/all of it! I also rather like this Christmas cake stand from BHS, just £16.
3. Fabulous cook books - Yet more recipe books for our collection, but I have been after World Food Cafe Vegetarian Bible and Claudia Roden's Arabesque for ages. Nigel Slater's Tender: Volume I, A cook and his vegetable patch and/or Tender: Volume II, A cook's guide to the fruit garden would also go down extraordinarily well.
|Kingswood Rose All Day Bag £55|
5. An uber-cool toaster - Of course it's not just for me, but I would dearly love one of the iconic Dualit toasters, just the thing to make our mornings run a bit more smoothly, and well it's just so gorgeous isn't it?
|Dualit 4 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster 40352 £149.99|
6. Some of that much-vaunted 'me'-time - A couple of hours 'off' with a new mug for my tea, some delicious marzipan treats, and this fabulous special edition of one of my favourite films would be bliss!
Wild and Wolf Mr. Happy Mug Niederegger Traditional Marzipan Assortment 400 g My Fair Lady (40th Anniversary 2-Disc Special Edition)  [DVD]
Failing that, a bottle of divine Laurent Perrier Cuvee Rose Brut NV Champagne 75cl and some exquisite truffles from Prestat or La Maison du Chocolat would be perfect for one of those long evenings between Christmas and New Year when the children are in bed and there's some decent telly on.
7. Entertainment - Speaking of time to myself, I have a few entertainment requests too please, Father Christmas/Steve: something funny to watch - Outnumbered - Complete Series 1-5 [DVD]; something nice and laidback to listen to - Unforgettable; and some lovely new books to read: Catherine the Great and Potemkin: The Imperial Love Affair, Victoria Hislop's new one The Sunrise, and the highly acclaimed biography Charles Dickens: A Life. That should keep me busy well into the new year. Thanks!
8. A domed cake stand - Slightly practical, but we really do need one, if only to keep the cats out of the cake (oh yes they do), and this one is rather beautiful.
|Lidded Glass Cake Stand £75|
9. Jewellery - A couple of lives ago, I was given a beautiful Tiffany necklace as one of my leaving gifts from a rather posh job. I have long-coveted the bracelet to match, so the sight of that beautiful aquamarine box would really set my heart a-flutter on Christmas morning. Although most things from that divine shop would do at a push!
|Elsa Peretti Open Heart Bracelet £130|
10. Domestic Goddessdom - On to now life and I have so many projects planned but no machine to do them on. A sewing machine is top of my wish list at the moment, and this one comes highly recommended from all quarters.
|Janome 525S Sewing Machine £229|
11. And more - A very pretty, and large, sewing basket to go with my machine. I would miss my tattered cardboard box though I'm sure...
|Large Cream Floral Sewing Box with Green Polka Dot Lining £36.39|
12. Top of my kitchen wish list - Every baker's dream of course, and a lust-have of us amateur types too, please, please, please...
|KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer in cream £379|
13. But to complete my baker's dozen of Christmas wishes, what I really, really want is the best Christmas ever with my little family. We've had a rather up and down year, not always as good as it might have been, but with many ups too. At the end of the year. we are delighted to have finally sorted out a huge problem which had been hanging over us, and also had the news that my mum has reached her 5 year cancer-free point. Our celebrations may be slightly topsy turvy this year as Steve is working Christmas Day, Boxing Day and the two days after, so I think we're having Christmas dinner before church on Christmas Eve. But we will certainly be making the most of all things Christmas in the run up and having as much fun as possible over the Christmas period too. I can't wait!
What are you wishing for and doing for Christmas this year? After all there are only ___ days to go...