We were sent a fab Katie Alice jam kit, so decided to put it to good use in making their delicious jam recipe. A trip to our local pick your own place yielded some delicious plums, and we even managed to rescue enough from the children's hands to make some delicious jam! Read on for the recipe.
This recipe makes approx 1,5kg of jam, enough to fill 4-5 jars.
Ikg plums, slightly under-ripe if possible - halved and diced
500g jam sugar
1 cup amaretto
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1. Combine the plums and the sugar in a large, wide saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil, the jam should reach a setting temperature of 104C (use a jam thermometer). Cook for 15 minutes.
3. Pour in the Amaretto and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the cinnamon and stir through.
5. Using a jug, pour the jam into sterilised jars, cover with a wax disc and seal with a screw cap.
6. Top the jars with a paper cover, secured with an elastic band.
7. When cool, label the jars.
The Katie Alice Cottage Flower Jam Preserve Starter Set contains everything you need to have a go at making your own jam. It retails at £26.99.
Find us on Twitter Facebook Pinterest Google+ Bloglovin'