OK, this was a panic photo just as we were heading out on a picnic, but believe me these home-made JDs taste delicious! Make them next time you have the oven on for something else, they take a matter of minutes to knock up. A great one to get even the youngest children involved in too, as you can see from the beaming Tatiana in the photos at the bottom of the post!
60g Two Chicks Liquid Whole Egg - equivalent to 1 large egg
100g unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
200g plain flour
Jam(s) – cherry, strawberry and raspberry all work well
We also used lemon and passion fruit curds which worked brilliantly too
1. Cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add the eggs a little at a time until blended into the mixture.
3. Mix in the flour and bring mixture together to form a ball.
4. Wrap the mixture in cling film, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 190C (170C fan), and grease & line two baking sheets.
6. Roll the biscuit mix out on a floured surface, and cut out an even number of circles.
7. Cut a small hole in half of the circles.
8. Bake for 7 minutes until a pale gold colour. The biscuits will still be soft to the touch.
9. When cool, spread a layer of jam over the non-hole biscuit halves, and top with the whole halves.