Spring Onion and Asparagus Risotto
1 stick of celery, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
175g Arborio rice
100ml white wine
750ml vegetable stock, hot
6 asparagus spears, chopped into 1cm rounds, tips kept whole
3 spring onions, sliced
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy based saucepan and cook the celery over a medium heat for 5 minutes until tender.
2. Add the garlic, then the rice and stir to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed.
3. Pour in half of the stock, stir well and simmer stirring occasionally. Once the stock is almost absorbed, pour in half of the remaining stock and continue to cook.
4. Add the asparagus, spring onions and half the remaining stock. Continue adding a little of the stock and stirring until the rice is cooked with a slight bite in the centre.
5. Remove from the heat, stir in half of the Parmesan and some black pepper, check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
6. Serve with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over and any left-over celery tops, chopped.
Recipe c/o www.lovethecrunch.com