Barbecued Peach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
Serves 4 as an accompaniment or starter, great in a BBQ buffet too
1 tbsp Maille Honey Dijon mustard
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice of ½ lemon
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 ripe peaches or nectarines, pitted and sliced
75g bag of watercress
2 tsp olive oil
250g pack of halloumi cheese, thinly sliced
100g walnut halves
1. To make the dressing, shake the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil together in an old jam jar. Season to taste.
2. Barbecue the peach or nectarine slices, or place in a griddle pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Griddle or barbecue the halloumi slices for a minute or two on each side, until golden.
4. Share the watercress between 4 serving plates or bowls, arrange the peach and halloumi slices on top.
5. Sprinkle with the walnuts, and drizzle with the vinaigrette dressing.
Recipe created by Lucy Bradley of Bradley’s Deli, a family run café and deli in the seaside town of Benllech on the Isle of Anglesey, one of The Telegraph’s top 25 seaside cafes in the UK.