750g fresh cherries
1 tsp cornflour
120g plain flour
85g cold butter, cut into cubes
5 tbsp caster sugar
4tbsp ground almonds
A handful of flaked almonds
1. Stone and halve the cherries, then place in a pan with 4 tbsp water and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of the cherry juice in a mug or small bowl, stir the cornflour through until dissolved. Return the juice to the pan and stir through.
3. As the cherry syrup mix begins to thicken, remove from the heat and pour into the crumble dish.
4. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir through the sugar and ground almonds.
5. Scatter the crumble mix over the cherries, and top with the flaked almonds.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the crumble is a pale golden colour and the fruit is bubbling underneath.
7. Serve with clotted cream, ice cream or custard.
Find us on Twitter Facebook Pinterest Google+ Bloglovin'