Pappardelle of Shallots, Wild Mushrooms and Tarragon
8 Echalion (banana) shallots
300g pappardelle pasta
200g wild mushrooms
20g French tarragon
50ml Madeira wine
50ml olive oil
75g butter or vegan alternative
1. Peel and dice the shallots.
2. Bring the pasts to the boil in a large pan of salted water.
3. Sauté the shallots gently in olive oil and, when almost cooked through, add the wild mushrooms. Allow to cook for 1 minute and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the Madeira and allow it to reduce. Add the chopped tarragon and butter and combine to form a sauce that will coat the pasta. Check the seasoning.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it well and toss it through the mushroom and shallot mix.
6. Serve in bowls with Parmesan if liked.
Recipe c/o www.ukshallot.com