Buying new bras – the fit
Even if a bra is in the right size for you, you need to make sure it fits perfectly. When trying on bras, discard any that:
- Ride up at the back
- Cause back-bulge around the bra band
- Have straps that dig into your shoulders (even when adjusted)
- Cause your breasts to spill over the cups
- Leave a space between your breastbone and the bra
- Cause skin to spill out under your armpits
- Have underwire which slides down below your chest
All of these are complete no-nos, so whatever it may say on the label, they do not fit you.
Buying new bras – the style
The style of bra you go for is a personal choice, of course, dependent on what makes you feel the most comfortable and confident. However, you should also think about how much support you need when choosing a bra. You should also think about what you will wear the bra under when choosing the style as well as the colour. T-shirts won't look great with a scarlet lacy number underneath, but your LBD might. Again, think about what you wear most often and choose your underwear accordingly, tempting as it is to choose all the frou frou prettiness!
And don't forget to enter our competitions!