Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
115 g (4oz) Flora Buttery
115 g (4oz) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 ml (¼ pt) milk
zest and juice of 1 lemon
300 g (11oz) self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
150 g blueberries - fresh or frozen
1 tbsp. demerara sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
2. Cream the Flora Buttery and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
4. Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
5. Add the flour and baking powder, and stir until just combined. Stir the blueberries through.
6. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Sprinkle some Demerara on top for added crunch and golden hue, if desired.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 3, 170°C/150°C fan/325°F for 30 minutes. Check the muffins are cooked through by inserting a metal skewer, the tops should be a light golden brown.
These muffins are just one of the delicious cake recipes from Flora. Try baking with Flora Buttery for that authentic home-baked flavour, or try the new vegan Flora Freedom in your baking or on your toast!