Christmas Ice Cream Bombe
200g dried fruit (sultanas, sour cherries, cranberries, blueberries)
6 tbsp brandy or dark rum (optional)
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
350ml double cream
300g Rachel’s Greek style Natural yogurt
100g Rachel’s low fat Vanilla yogurt
200g frozen berries (raspberries or mixed summer)
For the sauce:
200g cranberries, fresh or frozen
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp water
1. Soak the dried fruit with the brandy and dark brown sugar and leave overnight. (If you are short of time, microwave the fruit on high for 2-3 minutes.)
2. Line a 2 litre pudding basin with cling film, leaving enough overhang to cover the top of the pudding.
3. Whip the cream and yogurts to soft peaks, add the frozen berries and stir. Add the soaked fruit, mix well.
4. Spoon into the pudding basin, push the mixture down and level off the surface. Ensure the cling film covers the top.
5. Place in the freezer overnight or for at least half a day.
6. Before serving, remove from freezer and allow to thaw a little at room temperature. meanwhile, make the sauce.
7. To make the sauce, place the cranberries and caster sugar in a sauce pan and gently heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Make a paste with the cornflour and water and gradually add this to the cranberries and sugar. Allow to thicken and then remove from the heat.
8. Invert the pudding basin onto a serving plate and tip over to release. Use a palate knife to ease away the edges and/or place the basin in a large bowl of hot water for 30 seconds.. Pour the sauce over the bombe before serving and allow it to trickle down the edges.
Recipe c/o Rachel's Organics