Make Christmas morning extra special with these delicious pancakes. They'll draw everyone to the table, you're sue to have offers of help in the kitchen, and they'll set you all up for the busy day ahead. Your day may only involve the exertion of opening presents, playing board games and watching movies, but these yummy pancakes will give you protein, carbs for energy and at least one of your five-a-day. Not to mention being super-indulgent and delicious!
Christmas Morning Pancakes
225g plain flour
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
a pinch of salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
110g Rachel’s Organics low fat Vanilla yogurt
200ml Rachel’s organic milk
150ml maple syrup
3 – 4 tbl vegetable or rapeseed oil
Extra fruit, berries, maple syrup and Greek yogurt
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and whisk in the eggs, vanilla, yogurt and milk.
2. Once you have a thick batter, heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
3. Spoon roughly three tablespoons of the batter into the hot pan. When it starts to create little air bubbles, pop three or four blueberries into the pancake and then flip over with a spatula. Cook each pancake until golden brown.
4. Heat another pan, then pour in 6 tablespoons of maple syrup and quickly add around 10 blueberries. The mixture will froth and sizzle. Coat the blueberries then pour this mixture over the pancakes. Sheer delight!
5. Serve with extra fruit, berries, Greek yogurt and maple syrup. Best assembled in bowls on the table so everyone can help themselves. Enjoy!
Recipe c/o Rachel's Organics