Sticky Gingerbread Puddings with Toffee Pear Sauce
160g dates, stones removed and chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g Rachel’s unsalted butter
150g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
175g self, raising flour, sifted
2 tsp ground ginger
80g Rachel’s Greek style Ginger yogurt
For the sauce:
100g Rachel’s unsalted butter
2 ripe pears, peeled & diced
175g soft brown sugar
180g double cream
1. Pre-heat the oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3.
2. Place the dates in a small bowl and pour over 150ml of boiling water, stir in the bicarbonate of soda and leave to one side
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add each egg and stir well after each addition.
4. Fold in the flour and ground ginger. Stir in the yogurt and the date mixture (the mixture will be quite runny).
5. Pour the batter into six small pudding moulds and place on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the puddings are brown and springy to touch. Leave to cool in the moulds before removing with a palette knife.
8. To make the sauce, melt the butter in shallow frying pan and add the pear cubes, cook until soft and caramelised.
9. Add the sugar and cream and continue to stir until the sauce is bubbling
10. Pour the sauce evenly over the puddings and serve.
Recipe c/o Rachel's Organics