Penne with Peppers, Capers & Olives
200g penne pasta
80g Bertolli with Butter & extra knob
1 medium-sized red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, sliced thinly
1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon capers
20 black or green olives
260g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
handful of parsley, finely chopped
grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
1. Bring a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the penne and cook until “al dente”.
2. Melt Bertolli with Butter in a frying pan, add the onion and sweat on a medium heat for about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the capers, olives, peppers and some salt, cover with a lid and cook on a medium to low heat for about 5 minutes, until the peppers have softened. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Drain the penne, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the cooked penne to the sauce and toss well together with the cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter.
5. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a little grated parmesan if desired.
Wine choice: Serve with a young Montepulciano d’Abbruzzo or light Sicilian red.
Recipe c/o Bertolli with Butter