This is the perfect quick fix for a fast, delicious mid-week dinner. If you're feeling very organised make double (or more) and pop a batch in the freezer.
Chick Pea Curry
2-3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 large onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp coriander
¼ tsp turmeric
1 tsp ginger paste
2 400g tins of chickpeas, drained
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
small bunch of coriander to serve, chopped (optional)
1. Heat the oil over a medium heat and gently fry the onions and garlic, without allowing them to brown.
2. Turn the heat down and stir the spices through. Stir until fully absorbed.
3. Add the chick peas and stir through. Keep the pan on a low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Stir through the tinned tomatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir the spinach through, and serve immediately, sprinkled with the coriander.
Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.