We are recent converts to shopping at Morrisons, as their new lower prices make shopping for family meals so much cheaper. One of our favourite light summer meals is this throw everything together, easy and delicious cous cous salad. With cheaper basics from Morrison's it really is as cheap as chips, probably cheaper than! Whilst being just as quick and far better for you.
This is simple cooking for hot, busy (or lazy!) days: no complicated shopping with obscure ingredients, just use what you have; almost no measuring, a little bit of chopping, and just a bit of stirring to combine the ingredients. It's also a great one to get the children involved in, as they can choose the ingredients, chop, and mix. Ours love it.
You will need cous cous, measured and cooked according to packet instructions, and a selection from the following list:
- Morrisons pitted black olives, drained (75p)
- Morrisons mature white Cheddar (£2.18)
- Morrisons cherry tomatoes (95p)
- Red, yellow or orange peppers - fresh, from the deli, or from a jar
- Pickled cucumbers, gherkins or cornichons
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Spring onions
- Any herbs you have in, such as basil, dill, chervil, parsley or mint.
1. Set the cous cous aside to cool.
2. Chop all the vegetables and cube the cheese.
3. Add a couple of tablespoons of oil from your sun-dried tomato jar to the cous cous and stir through with a fork. Season to taste.
4. Stir chopped vegetables through.
5. Add shredded or finely chopped herbs.
6. Stir through cheese, and serve.
Best served with a glass of rosé in the sunshine*. Perfect on its own, or goes well with other salads, vegetable kebabs, falafel or grilled slices of Halloumi.
* Barefoot Moscato currently on offer at Morrison's for £4.99!
This post is an entry for the #MorrisonsMum/Dad Summer Recipe eBook Challenge sponsored by Morrisons, which has recently cut prices on over a thousand every day products. Find out more here price checker tool