I'm delighted to bring you this vegan dessert recipe today, created by Nik Heartland, Head Chef of the amazing vegan restaurant 'RAW' at London's La Suite West Hotel. They offer exciting things like exotic and delicious mocktails; a vegan, raw afternoon tea; and they are about to launch a new vegan buffet style salad menu, perfect for enjoying on their outdoor dining terrace. Maybe you could have this divine dessert after...
1 1/2 cup cashew nuts
2 1/2 cup dates
1 cup almond butter
1 cup cacao powder
1 cup organic brown rice syrup or agave syrup
1 tbspn nama shoyu
2 1/2 tspn vanilla seed paste
Tin of coconut milk
Additional organic brown rice syrup/agave syrup to sweeten the coconut cream
Pinch of sea salt
Raw cacao nibs
Sliced fresh strawberries
To make the base:
1. Combine 1 1/2 cup of cashew nuts with 1 1/2 cup of dates in a processor and blitz until thoroughly blended.
2. Line 4 individual tart tins.
3. Add combined ingredients and press down.
4. Chill in the refrigerator to set.
To make the filling:
1. Combine the almond butter, organic brown rice syrup/agave syrup, cacao powder, nama shoyu and 1 tspn of vanilla seed paste in a mixing bowl.
2. Place the filling in a piping bag and pipe mixture on top of the individual chilled tart bases.
To make the sauce:
Blend the remaining 1 cup of dates, pinch of sale, 1 tspn of vanilla seed paste, banana and keep adding water until you achieve the consistency of caramel sauce.
For the coconut cream:
Leave the tin of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Using the cream that has formed at the top of the tin, combine in a bowl with 1/2 tsp vanilla seed paste and a little of the organic rice syrup/agave syrup to taste.
1. Top each tartlet with the fresh sliced strawberries and drizzle with the caramel sauce, coconut cream and sprinkle with the raw cacao nibs.
2. Serve immediately.
La Suite West Hotelis located in Bayswater, an oasis of tranquility nestled on the fringes of Hyde Park. The hotel offers healthy and fashionable dining at its vegan restaurant, ‘RAW’ where Head Chef Nik Heartland has carefully curated a menu with the best that nature can offer. All dishes are dairy-free, vegan, and raw (not heated above 42C/118F).
La Suite West, 41-51 Inverness Terrace | London | W2 3JN | www.lasuitewest.com