Before summer disappears completely, enjoy a dessert redolent of summer sunshine and Mediterranean breezes. Using delicious English Provender Luxury Lemon Curd gives just the right combination of sharp sweetness and works perfectly with the creamy ricotta cheesecake. Delicious!
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus 3 hours chilling time
180 g Arden Amici Almond Cantuccini, crushed
75 g butter, melted
12 g sachet powdered gelatine (vegetarian is fine)
350 g ricotta cheese
200 ml double cream
2 x 315 g jar The English Provender Co. Luxury Lemon Curd
Finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
1. Stir the biscuits into the melted butter and press into the base of a 20 cm round loose bottomed cake tin. Place in the fridge and chill, whilst you make the filling.
2. Pour 115 ml (8 tablespoons) boiling water into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Stir briskly until thoroughly dissolved.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the cheese, cream, 1½ jars of the lemon curd and the lemon juice and rind until smooth.
4. Whisk in the gelatine, pour over the base and smooth the top.
5. Place in the fridge and chill for about 3 hours, or until set.
6. To serve, carefully remove from the tin and spoon over the remaining lemon curd.
The English Provender Co. Luxury Lemon Curd (315g) is available from Lakeland stores nationwide and online at www.englishprovender.com RRP £2.49