Summer Potato Salad
400g new potatoes
300g green beans
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
2 tsp soy sauce
1 jar artichokes, drained (reserve the oil for the dressing)
1 red pepper
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a large pan.
2. After 15 minutes cooking, add the beans and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Drain, then add most of the garlic, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and the soy sauce.
4. Shake, then place a lid over the pan and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
5. To make the dressing, combine the remaining garlic, a splash of oil (from the jar of artichokes) and the rest of the lemon juice.
6. Assemble the salad in a dish with the warm potato mixture in the centre, and the remaining ingredients built up around the outside.
7. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe c/o The Vegetarian Society Cookery School
And don't forget to enter our competitions!