Beat the post-Christmas bloat with this simple but oh-so-healthy soup. You'll feel the zing returning after just one spoonful. Happy, healthy New Year!
Pea & Watercress Soup
25g knob of butter
1 onion, finely chopped
300g fresh or frozen peas
100g (2 bags/bunches) watercress
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1 litre vegetable stock
Handful of fresh mint
Salt & Black Pepper
60g Rachel's Greek Style natural low fat yogurt
Extra fresh mint, chopped, to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onion, fry gently until soft and translucent.
2. Add 200g of the peas, the watercress and potato. Cook until soft and wilted.
3. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste.
4. Throw in the last of the peas and the handful of mint. Blitz with a blender until smooth.
5. Ladle into warm bowls, swirl the yogurt over and sprinkle with fresh mint.