Have all your ingredients at room temperature
150ml of Rachel’s Natural yogurt
3 medium eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g golden caster sugar
140g self raising flour
175g slightly salted Rachel’s organic butter, melted
1 tsp baking powder
150g ground almonds
25g cocoa powder
For the frosting:
100g dark chocolate or 50g of cocoa powder
140g lightly salter Rachel’s organic butter
140g icing sugar
2 tbsp of Rachel’s organic milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C/fan 170C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
2. Beat the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract together.
3. Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine. Make a well in the centre and add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla mix. Fold together.
4. Spoon the batter into cake cases, they will be quite full. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until springy to the touch. Allow the cakes to cool slightly in the tin, then place them onto a rack to cool completely.
5. To make the butter icing, whisk the butter, melted chocolate or cocoa powder and sugar together until light and fluffy. Spread on to the cakes with a palette knife, or place in a piping bag and pipe on.