Blueberry and Walnut Cake
120g unsalted butter + an extra 40g
120g granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, whisked
295g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
120g Onken Natural Set Yogurt
120g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
220g chopped walnuts
For the cake topping:
100g icing sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180.C/gas mark 4.
2. Cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the vanilla extract then the eggs a little at a time.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a smaller bowl, then fold into the butter mixture. Add the yoghurt and blueberries and stir gently to combine.
5. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
6. Pour half the cake batter into a buttered and floured 8-inch baking tin. Sprinkle with half the brown sugar mixture, and top with the remaining batter.
7. Combine the remaining brown sugar mixture with the last 40g butter. Sprinkle on the top of the batter.
8. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked through, use a skewer to check.
9. While the cake is still warm, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice, then drizzle over the top of the cake.
Recipe c/o Onken