Another great recipe for lunchboxes and picnics this week, or just as an elevenses treat. Deliciously chewy and moreish, you might find it hard to just stop at one. Try varying the recipe by using milk, dark or white chocolate chips, or adding dried fruit such as cranberries or blueberries. Yum!
Seed and Chocolate Chip Cookies
30g Good Hemp Seed Hearts
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g butter, melted
300g dark soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
300g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease and line two baking trays.
2. Cream the melted butter and sugar together until well blended.
3. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla a little at a time. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined. Stir the chocolate chips and the Good Hemp Seed Hearts through until evenly distributed.
5. Drop tablespoons of cookie dough onto the baking sheet in round balls, leaving around an 8cm gap between each cookie.
6. Bake for around 15 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
7. Leave to cool on the baking trays for around 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.