Pear and Gorgonzola Toast
2 slices sourdough bread
Butter, to spread
1 tin Del Monte® Pear Halves, well drained and sliced
2 wedges Gorgonzola cheese
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat the grill to its hottest setting.
2. Toast the sourdough and spread with a little butter. Cover with a few slices of Del Monte® pear.
3. Slice the cheese wedge in two or three slivers and place them over the pears.
4. Carefully place the toasts under the hot grill for a few minutes until the cheese is just bubbling and the pears are warmed through.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, preferably with a crisp glass of Sancerre and a good film.
Recipe c/o Del Monte