It's Tatiana's turn to show you her cooking this week, and very proud of them she is too! The ideal traditional treat to make with the kids this holiday, perfect for afternoon tea, guests or picnics. Enjoy!
100g caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
225g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp. warm water from the kettle
sprinkles, decorative bits or small sweets
1. Place cake cases in a 12 hole bun tin, and preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan.
2. In a large bowl mix all cake ingredients together and beat well for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
3. Share the batter between the 12 cake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven when the cakes are well risen and a light golden brown. After a couple of minutes, remove the cakes from the tin, and place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Once cool, mix the water into the icing sugar one tablespoon at a time until you have a thick paste. Spread some on each cake, decorate as desired, then leave to set.