Makes: 10 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 large oranges
275 g self- raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
75g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
90 ml sunflower oil
6 tablespoons The English Provender Co. Wild Cranberry Sauce
Little demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases.
2. Finely grate the rind from the oranges, then cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into a jug (you should have about 180 ml of liquid, make up to this amount with water if necessary).
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar and the orange rind. Using a metal spoon, mix together.
4. Add the egg, oil and cranberry sauce to the orange juice and beat together with a fork. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, the batter will be lumpy.
5. Spoon into the prepared cases, sprinkle each with a little demerara sugar and cook in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
The English Provender Co. Wild Cranberry Sauce (240g) is available from selected Waitrose. Booths and Tesco, stores nationwide and online at www.englishprovender.com, RRP £1.89
Recipe courtesy of The English Provender Co.